[Qgis-user] Importing image to Print Composer

Simon Crombie simoncrombie at onetel.com
Thu Nov 12 07:13:11 PST 2015

I have set up a print page consisting of map, scale bar, legend and I want
to add an index map showing where my map is located within a regional
context. I have generated the index map in a different QGIS project.

Firstly is there any way I can put a map from a different project into the
Print Composer?

So far I have created an image file from the other project then imported
this image into the Print Composer, but noticed that the resolution is very
adversely affected when I do this. So secondly, is there a way of improving
the quality of an image file imported into Print Composer?

If I generate an image file from Print Composer then paste in my index map
using a graphics programme (Irfanview) the index map quality is far superior
to that when I try and import it into Print Composer.

Grateful for advice.