[Qgis-user] coordinate conversion

francesco_lucca circeo78 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 10:01:26 PST 2015

Hi,
I have a point in WGS84 UTM32 coordinate

E 589747.816
N 4871699.496

I saved in EPSG 3003 with the following coordinates:

E 1589776.553
N 4871716.117

A colleague made the same conversion using free software "traspunto"
(http://www.mondogis.com/traspunto.html) developed by the Italian
Enviromental Ministry. He got this result (EPSG 3003 coordinates):

E 1589776.054
N 4871716.382

I try another online tool
(http://www.sardegnageoportale.it/webgis/raswebconverter/index?stato_quale=punto)
and I found these EPSG3003 coordinates:

E 1589776.554
N 4871716.119

traspunto is different (0.50 meter difference). Which is the correct result?
Where can I found the calculation for the conversion from a system to
another?

Thanks

Francesco