[Qgis-user] coordinate conversion

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Thu Nov 12 20:32:20 PST 2015

Hi,
That all depends, I guess on what version of WGS 84  datum the software uses to calculate the conversion.   Most softwares don't  even make a difference between wgs 84 and NAD 83.  I would look at the conversion parameters carefully.  Generally speaking, I would go with the governmental product as they must have a better control over stuff like GPS time and Continental drift...
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca