[Qgis-user] Issue with temporal query in a symbology rule

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Nov 17 07:51:44 PST 2015

Hi,

For a project I have point data for events with a start_time and
end_time, both columns are of type timestamp without timezone (in
PostgreSQL).

I want to have three different rules for events in the past, current
events and future events.

Past and future events work fine, but I am struggling with the query for
the current events.

I use the query

start_time <= now() AND end_time >= now()

But the query fails - the object aren't selected - even if I am sure
that there are matching objects in my database. Is this not a valid
query? Any other idea on how to test for current events? In PostgreSQL I
could use intervals and test for overlaps - but this isn't available in
QGIS.

Thanks for any hints,

Andreas