[Qgis-user] Interpolation with breaklines

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Nov 20 02:56:08 PST 2015

Hi,

At my workplace we have to generate terrain models (contour lines) from
irregularly input points with heights. We also have break lines (e.g.
walls) that we would like to take into account during interpolation.

While there are quite a few interpolation available in GRASS or SAGA, I
can't find any interpolation methods that also take break lines.

I found http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/TIN_with_breaklines  - which
seems to do what I want, but is a separate module and builds on a
"triangle" executable and is not distributed with GRASS.

I have therefore two questions:

1. Is this the only FOSSGIS option we have, if breaklines should be
considerered during interpolation? Or are there alternatives?

2. Did someone use v.traingle. this in a production environment? Does it
work properly? I am just asking before I try to install it.

3. If this works fine - can we try to distribute it with OSGeo4W?

Thanks,

Andreas