[Qgis-user] Interpolation with breaklines

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Fri Nov 20 05:57:32 PST 2015

Hi again,
Are the irregular points LIDAR? If it is comparable in point density, you could do two interpolations. One for the ground that could use a larger interpolation search window and then one for the objects that are above the ground with a very small search window (like 1m). After that,  you could make a normalized DEM and then you can add the walls to the ground model..   That would give you sharp walls feature on a smooth ground DEM.
The PDAL library or Cloud Compare could separate buildings from the ground.
Good luck!
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca