[Qgis-user] a rogue layer

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sun Nov 22 16:07:10 PST 2015

Hi,
Make sure you have CRS on the fly activated.  Install the openlayer  plugin and open a Google earth layer. (Notice that the project CRS will change).
Make sure you don't zoom in too much because the layer will shift.  Make sure your layer is well georeferenced.  Then try again with the CSV. Small shift between 20 to 200 meter can be caused by thing like using nad27 vs nad83. Try other projections for the file.  You can do that by right clicking on the layer (in the layer manager) and then changing the projection.
Good luck!
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca