[Qgis-user] qgis server does not return any data from WFS

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 02:28:12 PST 2015

Hi,

several days, I'm fighting QGIS server - on lightttpd now on Apache server
with *same* result: WFS GetFeatureType request does not return any data.

I created project, set all necessary metadat, coordinate systems, made sure
data are in readable path etc...

I've published the service using qgis_mapserver.fcgi - WMS works
(GetCapabilitiers, GetMap, GetFeatureInfo), but WFS works just for
GetCapabilitiers, GetFeatureType request returns just the first response
element

<wfs:FeatureCollection xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs" xmlns:ogc="h
.....>

and that's all - not even the closing tag. It seems, the server refuses to
work in the middle of construction of the response :-(

I have

FcgidInitialEnv QGIS_AUTH_DB_DIR_PATH /var/www/qgis
FcgidInitialEnv QGIS_DEBUG 1
FcgidInitialEnv QGIS_SERVER_LOG_FILE  /tmp/qgis-server.log
FcgidInitialEnv QGIS_SERVER_LOG_LEVEL  1

but  /tmp/qgis-server.log is empty (even created)

In the apache error log, only following lines can be found:
Warning 1: Unable to find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment
variable.
Warning 1: Unable to find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment
variable.
Warning 1: Unable to find driver JP2ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP
environment variable.
Warning 1: Unable to find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment
variable.
Warning 1: Unable to find driver JP2ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP
environment variable.
ERROR 4: Unable to open /var/www/html/tmp/pokus/vrstva.shp or
/var/www/html/tmp/pokus/vrstva.SHP.

BUT, accessing the file vrstva.shp from
http://localhost/tmp/pokus/vrstva.shp works, apache user can read it and,
as I already said: WMS GetMap and GetFeatureInfo works

I've tested QGIS mapserver 2.12 and 2.8 on lightttpd as well as apache,
with old projects as well as completely new with just one line in shapefile
- same result all the time.  Ubuntu 15.10 btw.

Any hint?

Thanks

Jachym