[Qgis-user] to extract attribute for linking to shape, but making operations

Schroeder Natalia natalias at mendoza-conicet.gob.ar
Thu Nov 26 06:42:16 PST 2015

Hello,

My question is the following. I have a shape of offices in a building,
with its corresponding office code, and secondly, I have a database of a
survey of several individual responses (per person). I need to extract
data from the survey in order to link them to the office shape. For
example, a survey question was to ask people to identify the office
(with the corresponding code) he/she occupies. As a result, people who
occupy the same office, responded with the same code. I want to link
that with the shape, in order to have a count of persons who are sharing
the same office. I am clear? But I can not find a tool that 'counts
(summarizes)' how many people responded with the same code, and add it
as a column of the shape.
Thanks in advance!
Natalia

--
Natalia M. Schroeder
Laboratorio de Interacciones Ecológicas (LIE)