[Qgis-user] updating postgres updateable view much slower from attribute table than using db manager

Janneke van Dijk janneke.qgis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 03:18:40 PST 2015

Dear list,

I have an updateable spatial view in Postgres loaded into QGIS 2.10.
When I update 6999 records in this view in the db manager with the
following statement:
update v_prepare_assessment_id SET districtid = 8 where locationid >
13000 and locationid < 20000
it takes 2.7 seconds to complete.

When I open the attribute table, select the same records, then use the
update bar in the top to update the districtid to 8, using 'update
selected' , then save edits, it takes more than 10 minutes (after which
I closed the project).

Doing the same update directly on the attribute table of the underlying
postgres table works nicely (takes about 3 seconds) after save edits.

Does anyone know why the update via the attribute table on the view
takes so long as to be unusable, while the db manager works nicely with
the view? Seeing that working directly on the underlying table from the
attribute table works well too it's seems to be a combination of the
attribute table approach with an updateable view that seems to cause the
issue.

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter,

Janneke