[Qgis-user] updating postgres updateable view much slower from attribute table than using db manager

Janneke van Dijk janneke.qgis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 04:33:50 PST 2015

Hi Matthias,

I think I can follow that, and it makes sense that QGIS does the
calculation independently of the provider for consistency.

I will indeed look into the details of the view and see if it is one
particular join that is so expensive or that it is just the total number
of joins that causes it. At the same time I'll keep my eyes open for
potential projects that might be able to contribute, but that's a bit
more complicated.

Thanks for helping me understand the background of the process,
Janneke