[Qgis-user] Extracting Raster values (time series) using polygons

Sam Almond sam_almond at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 5 11:39:38 PDT 2015

Dear QGIS Users,

I am new to using qGIS and can’t find an obvious solution to
my problem.

I have created a time series of NDVI rasters covering my area of interest. The NDVI time series is derived from the Landsat imagery spanning a decade of so. I also have a created a vector layer, consisting of polygons,
which represents digitized farmed fields (70 or so). The plan is to use the polygons
to extract the raster values from the time series, ideally one year at a time. The ideal scenario is to be provided with the pixel values per field (polygon) per NDVI over the year. Is this possible? Help appreciated.
Many thanks
Sam