[Qgis-user] Encoded polyline export - bad file generated

Ken Walenga walenga.ken at gene.com
Thu Oct 8 06:03:32 PDT 2015

I have used the SAGA plugin DISSOLVE plug-in to create custom territory
boundary files. It creates the resultant dissolved shape file extremely
quickly - can't tell you how much I love that. However, I am finding that
when I use the Encoded Polyline builder tool to export the shape file to a
.csv, there are problems reading and using the .csv file. No matter if  I
try to load the file into Excel or read it into QlikView, neither
application is able to successfully process the file. There seem to be
problems with the field delimiters and the columns are all screwed up.
Please advise.

----
Kenneth Walenga
Commercial BI & Reporting
Genentech, A Member of the Roche Group
US CommOps - USMA Data Services
"Every moment matters.  Making IT happen."
(O) 650-467-6855
(F) 650-467-2570
(M) 650-438-4505