[Qgis-user] Problem with oracle spatial views

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Thu Oct 15 08:52:01 PDT 2015

The bulk of my experience is in Postgresql (PostGIS), so I may not be
pointing you in the correct direction, but one thing I found that slowed
Quantum in the Viewing of tables when inserting and the initial load,
was down to how the geometry is stored.
I found that it takes a while, when Quantum is unsure what geometry type
it is dealing with, are you using "geom geometry(GEOMETRY,2157)" to
define your geometry type, or are you using "geom
geometry(POLYGON,2157)" or "geom geometry(POINT,2157)".....etc.
Using the more general "GEOMETRY" slows things down, a quick fix for
this...if it is indeed your problem is to use a Constraint, to enforce a
particular geometry type.

ALTER TABLE */table_name/*
   ADD CONSTRAINT enforce_geotype_geom CHECK
(geometrytype(*/your_geom_field/*) = '/*POINT*/'::text OR geom IS NULL);

Just replace the /*Italics */as required

I hope this helps a little!!
Regards,

Richard