[Qgis-user] Adding postgis views to qgis

Piotr Kania p.kania at op.pl
Tue Oct 20 07:35:05 PDT 2015

Hi!

I just started to explore "postgis world" so sorry if my question is
"silly".

In my postgis database I have multipolygon layer 'public.polygons'
(gid,geom), I'd like to see vertices of those layer during editing,
that's why I thought of postgis view. I create that in database:

CREATE VIEW points_of_polygons AS SELECT ST_DumpPoints(geom) AS geom
FROM public.polygons;

But I can't add that view to Qgis, I found that info:

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/12233/in-postgis-is-it-possible-to-create-a-view-with-a-unique-id

http://linfiniti.com/2011/11/adding-a-counter-to-postgresql-query-results/

but I don't know how to use it, can anyone (step by step) explain how to
do that? Thanks