[Qgis-user] PyQGIS script segfaults with 2.12

François-Xavier Thomas francois-xavier.thomas at airinov.fr
Wed Oct 28 01:57:12 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I've just upgraded to QGIS 2.12, in order to test some of my scripts
with the new version, and they just happen to segfault immediately when
I call QgsApplication.initQgis() in 2.12.

I've checked the latest docs[1], and the 3 lines mentioned at the
beginning are enough to crash the Python interpreter:

   from qgis.core import *
   QgsApplication.setPrefixPath("/usr", True)
   QgsApplication.initQgis()

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, with QGIS from the official repositories
at qgis.org. 2.10 worked fine a few days before.

Did something change between 2.10 and 2.12 related to standalone app
initialization? Maybe some packaging/configuration issues on my Ubuntu
version? Should I open a bug report?

Thanks for your help!
François-Xavier

[1]
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/intro.html#using-pyqgis-in-custom-application

--
François-Xavier Thomas -- Ingénieur traitement des images

AIRINOV
Incubateur PRINE
48 rue René Clair
75899 Paris Cedex 18