[Qgis-user] PyQGIS script segfaults with 2.12

François-Xavier Thomas francois-xavier.thomas at airinov.fr
Wed Oct 28 02:53:42 PDT 2015

Interesting. The current way of initializing PyQGIS is indeed a bit
cumbersome, it took me a while to get it working! It would be great for
3.0 to simplify the API.

I have an additional question : do you need a QApplication or just
QCoreApplication? I'm using classes from QgsComposer and PyQt4.QtGui but
do not display a GUI as the scripts are entirely automatic. They seem to
work find with QCoreApplication ; are there any potential issues with
doing this?