[Qgis-user] How to get a searchbar working

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Sep 11 03:07:23 PDT 2015

Hi,

The question is: which search method do you want to implement?

There is:

1. a wsgi search script that requires a separate search table or view in
your Postgis database
2. a built-in search method of QGIS server that doesn't require extra
search tables, but is limited to layers present in the QGIS project
3. Search through Geonames or other external provider
4. the same as 1), but with PHP insteady of Python WSGI

I can only help you with option 1), since I introduced this search
method. This should also be documented in chapter 6 of the README
(https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Web-Client/blob/master/README). In section
6.2.3 you can find the table setup of the search method.

Option 1) is also used in our Web-GIS: http://gis.uster.ch/ - if you
want to test it.

So if you opt for option 1) I can certainly assist you and improve the
written documentation in the README, if things are unclear.

Andreas