[Qgis-user] Setting up a local user group: How to do it?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Fri Sep 11 16:29:46 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm an enthusiastic user of QGIS, but sometimes I feel quite lonely with
this passion over here.
In my (small) company, we now have some people using it, but they just use
it and that's it.
So I get no feedback or new ideas from them. Boring.

I'm living in the metropolitan area of Nuremberg in Bavaria, so approx.
2.5 million people live around here, which should be quite a good basis to
find some people interested in founding a local/regional QGIS user group.

So far, I could not identify anyone from my region on this mailing list
nor anywhere else.

What would be the best strategy to find and attract people from my region
to start such a group (besides standing naked at the Nuremberg train
station at 5 pm, holding a banner with "I would like to start a local QGIS
user group") ?

Any ideas?

Cheers
Bernd