[Qgis-user] Qgis-user Digest, Vol 115, Issue 36

Ken Walenga walenga.ken at gene.com
Tue Sep 15 12:09:34 PDT 2015

I am trying to create custom TERRITORY boundary/shape files and having a
lot of problems. Due to the size of my joined .csv file which contains the
ZIP2TERRITORY information to a base Zip.shp file, I am setting a filter by
territory# to limit the records that I have to submit for dissolving
boundaries. For some territories, the dissolve process appears to finish,
but not completely. Others complete as expected. The progress bar show 100%
completion, but the dialog form "OK" button never un-grays indicating that
it has fully finished. There are fewer than 3,000 zips in the attempted
dissolve. Any ideas as to might be going on?

   - QGIS v2.10
   - Full Zip.shp file has 41K+ zips
   - filtered sets have ca. 3,000-5,000 zips
   - MacbookPro, Intel i7 quad core, 8GB RAM