[Qgis-user] What's wrong with PRJ file for CRS 3857?

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Wed Sep 16 03:15:04 PDT 2015

Hi,

general: read the documentation on projections, be sure to know what
projections are and what they are used for.

specific: both your project and your data have a projection (spatial
reference system). Cases:
1) both match => you're ok
2) both differ => QGIS can reproject the data on-the-fly => you're ok
3) the projection assigned to the data is wrong (I assume this is your
case but without more info on what you do nobody can tell). Tell QGIS in
layer properties which projection your data is in (the prj and qpj files
do just that), then goto either case 1 or case 2

hope this helps

Bernhard