[Qgis-user] QGIS server on MAMP & Mavericks

Hinckley Dan dbh at suiattle.org
Thu Sep 17 14:47:26 PDT 2015

I couldn’t find any mention in the archives of setting up QGis server using MAMP/OSX.

My QGis installation on OSX is in the /Applications folder, and I'm working on installing QGIS server on MAMP on the same machine (late 2013 MBPro), following the directions here: http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/QGIS_Server_Tutorial#Mac-OS-X

Passing http://localhost:8888/qgis-mapserv/qgis_mapserv.fcgi? in Safari throws a 500 error:
Internal Server Error

The MAMP Apache log shows:

[Wed Sep 16 09:51:52 2015] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/fcgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi"

MAMP Apache doesn't have an /etc/apache2/other/ folder in which to save the suggested mapserv_fcgi.conf file so I modified the MAMP httpd.conf file using the suggested <IfModule mod_fastcgi.c> config. The MAMP Apache fastcgi module is an .so module and is enabled and the <IfModule mod_fastcgi.c> uses the .c; will this cause issues?

libfcgi appears in the MAMP /Library/lib folder as libfcgi.la and libfcgi++.la with .dylib versions as well.

What am I missing here?