[Qgis-user] Road / path slope

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Tue Apr 5 04:53:48 PDT 2016

Hi,
Profile tool would help, I don't know qprof. You could always try a classic cost path raster analysis using the grass or saga module available in processing. That would give you the easiest route between 2 points.
For something like what you have on the link, I have not seen this on Qgis.  The easiest way would be to draw the lines, densify the geometry, extract the nodes into points, then use the point sampling tool to get some values.
If you want to extract slope, you would need to make a slope analysis on the raster and extract those value with the point sampling tool.  You could then show these points along the line using the values with a color scale. If you extract the road names at the same time as the point slope values, then you could make a xtab and get to stats (mim,max,avg) for each roads.  (The point sampling tool can extract values from vectors or raster layers.)
Cheers.
Nicolas