[Qgis-user] working with rasters

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Mon Apr 11 04:03:53 PDT 2016

Hi,
Try to figure out exactly why you are getting the error from Maxent.  Does that software only use raster with identical pixel size and layer extent? If it's the pixels that don't align, that may be fixed with various tools in the Qgis raster menu (like gdal warp), or by just changing a few parameters under the "save menu".  Be wary of the impact this can have on the data.  You could just change the extent of the raster by adding empty pixels or by clipping down the others.  Try to get Maxent to work first with dummy data if needed.
If you want  info on how to make a new raster, you need to explain with what kind of data you are working with.  Are you working with point data?  Be more specific please.
Nicolas