[Qgis-user] Plugin Building

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 11:59:43 PDT 2016

Hello All;
I am using QGIS 2.14.1 and am trying to build a python plugin using the
plugin builder using this tutorial;
https://anitagraser.com/2014/04/26/getting-started-writing-qgis-2-x-plugins/
and the information here;
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/plugins.html#init-py

But when I complete the first few steps and get to installing the plugin to
see a blank interface I get error when calling it's classfactory method in
the utils.py and __init__.py and I am not sure what is causing this error.
I think I must be missing some required modules or something. These scripts
are generated by the plugin builder and are suppose to call up the basic
qgis and qt functions to my understanding.
Has anyone ran into this before?
Thanks
Tyler