[Qgis-user] Assistance with Basic Authentication

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sat Dec 3 17:34:44 PST 2016

Hi Nyall,

(reposting, because I noticed I only replied to you directly before)

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 30 November 2016 at 04:25, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Phil,
> >
> > Does your endpoint prompt an HTTP Basic username/password dialog when
> > connecting to it via a Web browser? If not, then your server may not be
> > sending the correct challenge:
> >
> > https://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/1.0/spec.html#BasicAA
>
> Larry,
>
> Is the authentication system supported by the OGR provider? I couldn't
> see anywhere in the provider itself where this is handled.

Indeed, it is not. I think to support that we would need to incorporate the
auth selector dialog into all layer property dialogs, as well as any access
point  or API call to GDAL/OGR data. There is no 'connection configuration'
dialog like there is with OWS and Postgres.

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota