[Qgis-user] How to edit repetitive data in QGIS

Charlotte Wolter techlady at techlady.com
Wed Dec 14 13:33:10 PST 2016

Hello, all,

         I created a query for data from OpenStreetMap using
overpassturbo.eu. I needed major street, so used the expression
highway=primary. The area was a large section of Los Angeles, about
1/6th of the city, the area called South Bay.
         I got the steeets I need, no problem. But, I also got the
street names repeating over and over, because the streets are broken
into segments by changes, such as a bridge or a change in speed
limit, etc., etc.
         I am looking for a way to solve this issue, such as editing
the data to remove the names from some of these segments. I have
opened the data in the "Attributes Table," but I can't seem to edit
it there (which would be handy). So, if QGIS does not support editing
a data file, is there some other way to do it?
         Thanks!

Charlotte Wolter

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A