[Qgis-user] Adding Points by Coordinates

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Feb 7 23:18:02 PST 2016

Hi Grant,

As often - there are several ways to achieve to create/edit features
with exact coordinates.

* The add as CSV file way that others already mentioned

* The NumericalDigitize plugin

* The CAD-Tools - allow you to construct features on exact coordinates
and distances/angles (not sure exactly with which version whis was
introduced - maybe 2.8 or 2.10)

* The Plain Geometry Editor plugin (you need to first add an approximate
point and then set the exact coordinates)

* The vertex editor panel (starting from 2.12 --> requires you to first
set an approximate point and then edit the values to the exact
coordinates in a second step - you need the node tool to see the vertex
editor panel)

The first two options are probably easiest to use - but the three other
may be useful to work with exact coordinates in existing layers where
you need to modify specific nodes of polygon or line features. For a
point geometry they may be too complicated to use.

Andreas