[Qgis-user] Variable containing other variable in its value

Fuenfer-Koenigstein.Benjamin at swm.de Fuenfer-Koenigstein.Benjamin at swm.de
Mon Feb 8 23:57:09 PST 2016

Dear List Members,

I'm looking for a way to create project-variables that contain other variables. This function would be great to define file-path for svg-symbols leading to the correct svg-file on different Computers.
For example:
Variable: svg_path
Value: @project_folder + '/svg_symbols/powerplant.svg'

If I type the above standing value in the data defined override for the file path in the symbol-selector-menu it works, if I create a variable with the same value and use that in the data defined override, it doesn't work. Any idea why? Is it just not possible to use variables within the value of a variable?

Thanks for any help!

Best regards

Benjamin Fünfer-Königstein