[Qgis-user] Correct the attribute table automatically

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Feb 10 01:27:33 PST 2016

Hi,

The question is if you need a "physical field" (stored in your data
provider) or if a virtual field is good enough. If you don't need
physical storage in the table, I suggest you add a virtual field with an
expression to calculate the area an potentially also round/format the
result.

You can create virtual fields in the field calculator and upate the
expression/calculcation from the fields tab in the layer properties.

Andreas