[Qgis-user] GPS tracking for long distance hike

Johanna Botman johanna at jbotman.com
Sat Feb 20 17:35:51 PST 2016

Hi,

I have volunteered to make maps for a 600km walk and am looking for some
guidance in my research to find the best method for recording the track.

I'm not personally doing the walk. So I need to have something reliable,
long lasting, produce a gpx file and easy to use for a novice. At this
point, I don't know what facilities may be available for recharging
batteries. I don't want anything with a subscription or that relies on a sim
card.

Any suggestions, or pointers to other projects that had similar
requirements?

Johanna