[Qgis-user] Elevation model from xyz data? GIS <- archaeology

Absalon hkraeling at gmx.net
Mon Feb 22 23:54:27 PST 2016

Hello!

I need to create a digital elevation model for the visualization of an old
landscape based on archaeological data. Usually I'm working with AutoCAD,
but this software has no capabilities for DEM. My option is now QGIS!

My data is an xyz-file. I managed to import this file into QGIS. Nice green
points!

My CAD trained brain now thinks, this layer has to be marked and a tool for
making digital elevation models has to be started. But this does not work.
It seems to me, QGIS wants to load a rasterlayer. I have got no rasterlayer,
just my points...

Can anyone help me? GIS workflow is very confusing to me...