[Qgis-user] GeoServer online

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jan 4 08:56:39 PST 2016

On 01/04/2016 03:33 AM, "Sebastian Teßmer" wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> and a Happy New Year!
>
> I have a question for GeoServer. I use it as a Web server for my geodata.
> With "localhost" everything works great, but does anyone know how I
> the data online can call? I need an explanation on how I publish a Web server on
> the web?
>
> Thank you for your help!
> Sebastian

1. If this is about Geoserver, please ask on the Geoserver mailing list
http://geoserver.org/comm/
2. You need a Domain/Domain Name Server/Service (DNS) so that a url
points to your computer from the web (complicated if you don't have a
static ip for your computer, or your internet provide prevents hosting
on personal accounts). This is a general topic with lots of examples on
the internet to learn from. The basics are you pay for a domain, and
tell it the ip of your machine.

Enjoy,
Alex