[Qgis-user] starting QGIS desktop

Peter Kroopnick pete at kroopnick.com
Thu Jan 7 19:44:54 PST 2016

I recently installed QGIS for the first time.  Version 2.12.1 on Windows 7
enterprise SP1.  The icons I have to start the various programs, like QGIS
Desktop 2.12.1 point to \program files\QGIS Lyon\bin\nircmd.exe.  When I
click on QGIS desktop, the program seems to start OK, but every time I get
the message "restoring loaded plugins", which can take a couple of minutes.
I am about to reinstall unless someone has a better idea.  To reinstall do I
start with the preremove.bat or use the uninstall in the Windows Control
Panel?

Thanks

Pete Kroopnick

2457 Desert Willow Dr.