[Qgis-user] Loading features from PG view in memory layer

Yves Moisan ymoisan at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 27 09:09:08 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to load features directly from a PG view into a
memory layer.  The way I do it now is to first create a 'postgres'
vector layer with the view as a source, then getFeatures() and then add
those features in the memory layer provider.

It all works fine but I'd obviously like to avoid the temporary postgres
layer step.  Short of having a direct way, are there ways to minimize
the footprint of the temp layer (not putting it in the registry, make
sure it is deleted from memory, etc) ?

TIA,

Yves