[Qgis-user] General interest in geological support for QGIS?

Patty Rehn quicksilversystems at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 20:40:58 PST 2016

I am very interested in additional geologic support for QGIS. I have been
learning to use this great software for plotting geochemical data (my data-
Hg and soil pH) for geothermal exploration. I have ended up using TrueType
fonts for some symbols (strike and dip) and editing in GIMP for the other
items I could not find or work around.

I am trying to use Blender for drill hole (well data) plotting but have not
gotten anywhere, really. I attempted to use Midvatten but I am not enough
of a programmer to alter it, despite the cooperation of the author--still
learning how to use QGIS.

This list is quite helpful for some problems but I wish there was a
somewhat less sophisticated user list. The QGIS-USA list has helped with
some data plotting issues that were not of interest here.

I would like to be part of geology project/ support list but I lack the
skill to do much other than share the problems I have managed to solve
without python, etc.

Thanks for the geologic interest
Patty
--consulting geochemist