[Qgis-user] Debian users: please confirm bug around SVG symbol previews

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jul 7 05:39:53 PDT 2016

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for your feedback.

Hm - but you are not supposed to provide a path with multiple gigabytes
of data to browser for SVG files. Of course this would be slow. Every
photo manager takes a long time if it has to browse the whole disk for
photos. This would be a misuse of this setting.

This setting is meant for you to provide a handful of smaller
directories reserved to hold SVG files for QGIS - not to search the
whole hard drive - lets say not more than a couple hundred files at
maximum.

The question is how this works for Debian users under "normal"
conditions, where you don't specify your whole home drive as a search
path.

Andreas