[Qgis-user] 3D view of raster surfaces

Minoru Akagi akaginch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 18:37:03 PDT 2016

Hi,

The plugin cannot export an image layer only. Basically, it requires
one DEM raster layer to export one image layer - a DEM surface will be
draped with a texture image. Therefore, you need to create a DEM
raster with an elevation value for each image layer. Raster calculator
is a good tool to do this. You can create 2 cols x 2 rows rasters that
cover the whole plot, using the raster calculator. Then you can export
the DEM rasters with the layer images draped, using layer image option
in DEM layer settings panel.

Regards,
Minoru