[Qgis-user] Composition legend query

Lester Anderson arctica1963 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 06:57:13 PDT 2016

On 8 July 2016 at 17:05, Tiago Tomé <tiagotome at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can select how many decimal places you wish, regarding precision.
>
> I'm on my cell phone, so I cannot check exactly where you do it on Print
> Composer, but look somewhere in item properties tabs...
>
> Em 08/07/2016 12:55 da tarde, "Lester Anderson" <arctica1963 at gmail.com>
> escreveu:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is it possible to change the precision of the legend in the map and
>> composer view, and the ordering of a raster grid?
>>
>> At the moment, the legend goes negative at the top to positive at the
>> bottom, but should be inverted. The precision is also excessive!
>> Ideally one would do -30.0 and not -30.000000.
>>
>> Any pointers would help.
>>
>> Lester

Couldn't see any way to change the precision either in the Print
composer or the main canvas window. Also, the fact that the order of
the raster legend is always negative at the top and positive bottom
(composer and canvas) is a continuing issue with rasters.

I think the precision issue creeps in when you change from the default
single band grey to singleband pseudocolor, the former has two decimal
places and the latter five. However, there should be a way, to alter
this without having to resort to building a separate qml style file to
use.

The only workaround I can find is the manually edit the legend values
and reversing the sequence.

This can be done with vectors (eg point data) but not rasters.

Lester