[Qgis-user] package dependency conflict QGIS 2.14.4

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Fri Jul 15 07:38:35 PDT 2016

Hi Carlos,

thanks for your suggestion, but this doesn't seem to help, probably because
qgis packages depend on libgeos-c1 and libgdal1h
see http://qgis.org/ubuntugis-ltr/lists/qgis2_trusty_main_amd64_Packages

and libgdal1h : Depends: libspatialite5 (>= 2.4.0)
and libspatialite5 : Depends: libgeos-c1v5

and this causes the dependency problem: libgeos-c1v5 breaks libgeos-c1 as
the error message shows below.

Is there another workaround or is it necessary to change package
dependencies in the build environment?

Regards,
Otto