[Qgis-user] Problems with ubuntu-unstable again

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Jul 19 01:35:54 PDT 2016

On 19-07-16 10:13, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> On 18/07/16 22:17, Bernd Vogelgesang wrote:

>> If you do not give those explanations, where should they come from then?
>> Have mercy and simply add more text. Form follows function. If the
>> function breaks the form of the page, then maybe change the design.
>
> I think you already have a quite good idea what information is missing
> and how to explain that.
>
> Would you mind writing a proposal?
>
> It can be here found around line 90:
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/edit/master/source/site/forusers/alldownloads.rst

Yes, Bernd please try

Given you have a Github account already (if not please registre first...):

Then go to:

http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu

If you fix the 'fixme'-link on the bottom/footer of the page, if all
goes right, you will be redirected to your own Github repo's and being
asked to fork the QGIS repo. There you can change the text, and do a
pull request. Which will be build/tested by Travis and if ok, can be
pulled in QGIS repo/website then.

We are short in people willing to invest some time in writing, so please
help, you have a good idea/view how it should be.

I'll be around all day, in case of help needed.

Regards and TIA,

Richard Duivenvoorde