[Qgis-user] Variables in print composer

Uwe Fischer gisfisch at t-online.de
Fri Jun 24 02:05:48 PDT 2016

Martin, Andreas, Nyall,

thanks again for your answers and your help. This list ist really great, you not only get answers very fast but you can even be informed about the backgrounds. Fantastic! The software support for expensive GIS Software is very often far away from that level.

My idea to the question of circular refs: objects in print composer, e. g. rectangles and triangles, must have some kind of information about their position relative to other objects on the same level. They know if they have to draw on top or below of others.

In styles dialog (outside print composer), the drawing order for streets, rivers and so on can be chosen by setting symbol levels.

Maybe one of those mechanisms can be used to teach a composer object from which other objects on the same hierarchy level it can read variables and from which not? Just an idea.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Uwe Fischer