[Qgis-user] QGis and Mac hardware

Square Cube square_cube at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 7 08:02:40 PST 2016

I am looking to update some hardware and am trying to evaluate what performance difference in QGis might be gained from the options currently on offer from Apple.  I have two specific questions:

- Does QGis have GPU acceleration features that leave the graphics card to perform certain calculations, instead of the CPU?

- Does QGis take advantage of multiple cores and / or multithreaded rendering?

I am trying to understand if it would be worth my while investing in a 15" MacBookPro (with quad core CPU and discreet graphics card) over a 13" MacBook Pro (with dual core CPU and integrated graphics).

Very grateful for any advice.