[Qgis-user] QGis and Mac hardware

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Nov 7 12:10:24 PST 2016

Hi,

I would also recommend going with the 15 inch display. The 13 inch
display is on the lower side and probably not a lot of fun. QGIS has
several dialogs and also the styling side panel introduced in 2.16 needs
a bit of a minimum size. If your display is only 13 inch you end up
scrolling a lot in the dialogs and panels.

(Q)GIS needs a bit of a screen size to use it efficiently. Of course, if
you are not on the road you can also connect an external display, which
I also recommend.

I would also upgrade RAM a bit. As others said, the GPU acceleration is
not yet supported.

Andreas