[Qgis-user] Creating virtual field with aggregate expressions

Tumasgiu Rossini rossini.t at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 05:26:19 PST 2016

Hi List.

With QGIS >=2.16, it is possible to use aggregates in expressions, such as
sum, average... etc.

But when I use it to create a new virtual field using the field calculator,
the newly created field value is null for all of the layer's entity.

Am I doing it wrong ? Or it is a bug, or a known limitation ( found nothing
on the web, qgis doc and in the qgis bug tracker ) ?

Thanks !

( I posted a duplicate of this question on gis.stackexchange :

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/216871/qgis-2-16-creating-virtual-field-with-aggregate-expressions
)