[Qgis-user] Editing a Postgis view

Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) carlo.bertelli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 09:12:35 PST 2016

It didn't remember to ask "what version?".
Anyway I think the problem could be due to the sequence.
When you use a "serial" data type, you are asking to the database to create
an integer column with a linked sequence.
When you create a view on the table, it does not know how to deal with the
integer column. A rule or a trigger would inform the view about its desired
behaviour, i. e. when you have no value for the primary key, just squeeze
the sequence for a new one.