[Qgis-user] Struggling with datum transformations and grid shift files

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Oct 4 09:08:11 PDT 2016

Hi Marco,

Thanks - now that I know that I need to enter the SRID with the "EPSG:"
prefix, and that I need to use -1 in the Source Datum transformation I
can confirm that it works.

It would be great, if somewhere in the metadata it would be visible that
this file is now displayed using the nadgrids/GSB file. Otherwise, I
have just to blindly trust, that QGIS does the right thing - which is a
bit scary.

Do you think it would be possible to add a note in the metadata or
general section of the layer properties confirming that QGIS is using a
datum transformation to display this file?

I will make sure that the documentation will be improved regarding the
global settings of the datum transformations.

Thanks,
Andreas