[Qgis-user] inconsistenty when calculating area depending on file type or projection?

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Oct 12 06:26:12 PDT 2016

Hei Martina,

When you compare area measurments in QGIS with area measurements in Mapinfo you are probably comparing geodesic measurements (in QGIS)  with cartesian measurements (in Mapinfo).
Thus,  you get a difference.
A bit confusing indeed, but a design choice...
See: https://hub.qgis.org/issues/12057

Cheers,
Stefan