[Qgis-user] Unable to apt-get update QGIS Ubuntu repo

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 03:07:13 PDT 2016

Hello. I'm running Kubuntu Xenial 64 bit.

I have the following entry in a file under /etc/apt/sources.list.d:

deb http://qgis.org/debian xenial main

But upon trying to do “apt-get update” I'm getting the error:

W: The repository 'http://qgis.org/debian xenial Release' does not
have a Release file.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
E: Failed to fetch
http://qgis.org/debian/dists/xenial/main/binary-amd64/Packages  403
Forbidden [IP: 104.27.138.220 80]
E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

I have the latest repo key registered with apt-key:

pub   2048R/618E5811 2016-08-17 [expires: 2017-08-17]
uid                  QGIS Archive Automatic Signing Key (2016)
<qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org>
sub   2048R/D34A963D 2016-08-17

So I'm not sure what the problem is. Please advise. Thanks!

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा