[Qgis-user] Style editor: Custom SVG fill issue: QGIS Tutorial

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at mapforge.com.au
Thu Oct 20 12:11:51 PDT 2016

I'm getting back to QGIS after a good few years away from doing
anything 'spatial' related so I'm doing the tutorial to get up to speed
with the latest (using version 2.16.3 on Ubuntu).

Section3.2.12 of the 'Testing' tutorial (not yet updated for 2.16 but
easy enough to follow regardless) goes through creating and using a
custom SVG symbol for the 'Landuse' layer. I've got my symbol created
fine, but QGIS seems to be ignoring it when I try to load it.  I can
use one of the QGIS supplied symbols no problems but I can't seem to
get my custom symbol to load.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Tim Bowden